- eMeetyou.com is a social media service site that provides a platform to share photos, videos and information with friends, group, site members and public who may access the eMeetYou site directly or indirectly via other websites (collectively, "Viewers").
- eMeetYou designates certain audiences, such as outdoor, ethnic foods, travels, high-tech, etc., who want to post and/or exchange experiences, knowledge and information with others who view and/or exchange such experiences, knowledge and information.
- eMeetYou categorizes each audience by a subcategory, hereunder 'outdoor!'; therefore, by registering at http://eMeetYou.com/outdoor, you will become a member of eMeetYou ('Member') in the category 'outdoor!'.
[Operations of eMeetYou]
- eMeetYou is built using Joomla CMS (Content Management System) and consists of open source applications, distributed with source code format, including code licensed by the GNU General Public License.
- eMeetYou is operated by a team of developers, managers, and owners (collectively, "Operators").
- eMeetYou uses a GlobalSign secure certificate to authenticate our server.
- eMeetYou is an independent site operator, and its operation is supported solely by sponsorship fees from advertisers and site sponsors (collectively, "Sponsors").
- eMeetYou may conduct contests, campaigns, marketing surveys, event management, or similar activities from time to time.
[Conditions of Use]
- The Terms of Service herein shall apply to all persons who view or otherwise use eMeetYou, including those who register at eMeetYou ("Members").
- You may upload your own photos and videos to share with Viewers. However, You agree that such photos or videos do not infringe someone elseís rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets. to share with Viewers.
- You may create groups and invite other members to join, edit comments, and blog to share information with Viewers.
- You may add applications developed by eMeetYou or a third party that are listed in the Application menu in order to enhance functionality and/or features. Although Operators review functionality and features of such applications before posting, you understand and acknowledge that such applications may not always work properly.
- You grant eMeetYou non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use any content uploaded or posted subject to your privacy and application settings. You may remove your profile or content at any time to terminate such license to eMeetYou; however, You acknowledge that even after your profile or content is removed, it may remain in recent activities records for a reasonable period of time (but actual content will be not available).
- When using eMeetYou, you agree to act responsibly and in good faith.
- You further agree NOT to engage in the following activities:
- Slander Viewers, Sponsors, eMeetYou, or Operators.
- Conduct any business activities including contest, sweepstakes, and giveaway.
- State, display, or imply any sexual, violent, drug-related, abusive, animal abuse (including hunting), or illegal materials or wordings.
- Violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You may report any inappropriate activities by clicking the "Report" tag so that Operators can investigate such reports. Operators reserve the right to take all necessary actions, including, without limitation, removing inappropriate contents, issuing a warning, and reporting to appropriate third parties or government agencies, without your consent.
- If anyone brings a claim against eMeetYou, Viewers, Sponsors, or Operators related to your actions or any material you uploaded, embedded, posted, emailed, transmitted, linked, or otherwise made available on the eMeetYou website, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Viewers, Sponsors, eMeetYou, and Operators harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- If you are a minor 13 years old or older, you cannot be a Member without the supervision of a responsible adult. eMeetYou is not directed to children under the age of 13. (If you are under the age of 13, please do not use eMeetYou.)
- We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy online and have taken steps to protect the information you share with us. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein.
- We may collect personally identifiable information about the visitors of eMeetYou when a visitor provides such information to us in the process of registering with the website, entering contests or sweepstakes, or using other services available on eMeetYou. Personally identifiable information includes, for example, your name, age, e-mail address, credit card number, mailing address, telephone number, and/or other information that may identify you as an individual.
- Our web server also gathers information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. Our web server also logs non-personally-identifiable information from users, such as IP addresses and browser types. This data is used to manage eMeetYou, track usage, and improve the services provided at eMeetYou. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to our users.
- eMeetYou and/or the open source applications used to built eMeetYou may automatically acquire and record Memberís information via cookies (uniquely indemnifying browser and activities) such as IP address, the web request and data, which may identify Memberís browser uniquely such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request in order to improve the quality o services. If Member turns off certain cookies, some features of eMeetYou may not function properly.
- Member can change, correct, or update his/her profile information at any time. Member acknowledges that such information will be published based on the parameters setup in the Privacy section of the website. Note that Memberís username and avatar set in the profile will be published without any restriction.
[Protection of Copyrights]
- Members may upload, embed, post, email, transmit, link, or otherwise make available pictures, videos and other material on the server that will be visible to and accessible by the public. However, Members may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. eMeetYou is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to any content uploaded/linked by Members. In addition, eMeetYou is not responsible for any damage, injury, or loss caused by Members.
- eMeetYou respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, eMeetYou disables and/or terminates the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide eMeetYouís Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person who is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
- eMeetYou does not endorse, warrant, or take responsibility for any content or activities posted or exchanged by Members and/or Viewers.
- eMeetYou reserves the right to remove any member, group, photo, video, comment, or blog at any time at its sole discretion.
- eMeetYou is not involved in any transactions or communication made directly between Member/Viewers and advertisers; therefore, eMeetYou does not warrant such activities.
- Although eMeetYou conducts daily data back up, it makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the recovery or restoration any lost information, including videos and photos, in case of system malfunctions or arising from a negligent act, abuses by Viewers, natural disaster, cyber attack, technical difficulty, or other similar causes.
- eMeetYou reserve the rights to modify above terms and conditions at its sole discretion without notice.
- This Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with, and all actions arising hereunder shall be governed by, the laws of the State of California. You consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Los Angeles County, California, in any action arising hereunder.